The QuickSchools Fee Tracking module can integrate with QuickBooks Online via a new add-on app. Here's some info on how it works.
The Quickbooks app can currently do the following:
- Connect with your QuickBooks Online Account
- Map products/services in your QuickBooks Online Account with Fee Tracking Categories in your QuickSchools Account.
- Map customers in your QuickBooks Online Account with either students or primary payers (for Family Billing) in your QuickSchools account. If customers have not been created in your QuickBooks Online Account, you can export them (exported records will be mapped automatically)
- Export Charges, Invoices and Payments from your Fee Tracking Module in QuickSchools into your QuickBooks Account
|Fee Tracking Categories||Products / Services|
|Students / Primary Payer||Customer / Accounts|
|Fee Tracking Charges, Invoices and Payments||Invoices and Payments|
In this article, we’ll run through a few quick steps on setting up integration with your QuickBooks Online account. For a list of countries that have the Quickbooks integration available, please check out Intuit's documentation on their product below:
The first time you access the QuickBooks App, you will be faced with the following screen:
Simply click on the “Connect to QuickBooks” button to log into QuickBooks. The following login screen should pop-up:
Once connection has been established, you’ll have the following options - "Product/Services Selection", "Synchronize Customers" and "Export Fees & Payments":
The screen already organizes the steps for your. Mapping of the products and services are optional, depending on whether you use the Fee Tracking Categories menu:
Step 1 is obviously to synchronize the customers first. You have 2 options here: (1) Map and (2) Export. When mapping customers, you’re matching either students in your QuickSchools account, or Primary Payers (if Family Billing is turned on) to customer accounts in QuickBooks. For mapping customers, simply use the dropdowns in the "Quickbooks Customer" column to indicate which student/Primary Payer in QuickSchools corresponds to which of your Quickbooks customers:
If you do not have the customer created in QuickBooks yet, you have the option of exporting the customer to Quickbooks:
Step 2 (once customers have been mapped) is to export your Fee Tracking Transactions (which include Charges, Invoices and Payments) into Quickbooks.
Some things to note about exporting transactions:
- You can select individual transactions, or groups of transactions to export.
- When a transaction is exported, the system notes when it was exported in the last “Export” column on the far right.
- Once a transaction is exported, you do have the option of re-exporting the transaction. However, this does not update the existing record in QuickSchools. Instead, it re-inserts the record as a new entry in your QuickBooks account. You will need to offset the original transaction manually.
If you're interested in using Quickbooks with QuickSchools please contact our support and we'll get you setup with the software.
We’re always looking for ways to improve our software. Please do let us know if you have any questions or further suggestions for improvement.