The Merit App is a great way to build student involvement and community. This app is completely configuratable allows teachers and administrators to reward students for their good behavior. For non-district schools, the app is available in the app store:
With this app, you can allow teachers to very easily award/assign Merit Items with preset points (both Positive and Negative):
As an administrator, you can configure the following:
- list of Merit Items and their corresponding positive/negative points
- total number of merit items that can be awarded/assigned to a student on any given day
- total number of merit points that can be applied to a student on any given day
- initial number of points (starting points) for students at the beginning of the term
- point floor (i.e. Merit Points can never go below the point floor for each student)
Some other notable features:
- Teachers can only delete merit items on the day they are awarded / applied. Administrators can remove merit items at any time
- Total Merit Points are published to the parent portal on a weekly basis. This is to avoid confusion to parents, arising from minor adjustments to merits that may occur during the week.
- Teachers can print out a report showing total merit points for each student
- All merit data is reportable on the Report Creator
Do let us know if you have any other suggestions for improvement. We hope you like this new app!