Subject-based attendance allows teachers to take attendance per subject. Before setting up subject-based attendance, please make sure that you have already created your subjects in Quickschools. Please click here for instruction on how to set up subjects.
Note: This instruction is for school administrators
1. To enable Attendance module, go to SETTINGS > check the box across Attendance.
Click Configure next to the checkbox to do the following:
- Check the box next to “We take attendance multiple times per day”
- Enter the users/role who will configure the periods
2. Go to Attendance > Attendance Settings > set the grade level that will use Subject-based attendance; also enter the number of periods per day:
3. Click the Configure link next to a grade level (9th grade in this example) to set the schedule of subjects:
4. Click the Click to configure link to specify the subject in a period for a specific day:
In the screenshot above, History will be the subject in Period 1 of Monday. Note that you can enter multiple subjects for each period. Repeat the steps above to complete the timetable:
Repeat steps 3-4 for the remaining grade levels so they’ll be set up with subject-based attendance as well. Once done, the teachers should be able to take subject-based attendance - assuming that students have already been enrolled to their subjects.
When a teacher logs in to Quickschools, he/she will be able to take subject-based attendance by going to Attendance tab and clicking the Take Attendance button:
Notice that Period 2 above is grayed out. It means the teacher cannot take attendance in Period 2 because she’s not teaching any subject during that period.