You can use the subject importer to update existing Subject Codes (i.e. Subject Abbreviation) in your account. You’d need the Subject ID field in your import file. The system uses the Subject ID to update existing subject codes.
The Subject ID field is not visible in the Quickschools user interface. It can be obtained by running a report via Report Creator, then exporting it to an excel file. The best practice would be to export a report that contains the four fields required (listed below) into an excel file, then use this file to import the updated subject codes into the system.
These are the fields required in your import file:
- Subject ID
- Subject Code
- Subject Name
- Subject Grade Level
Steps to update existing Subject Codes in the system:
- Download a report that contains the Subject IDs using the Report Creator.
- Update the Subject Codes in the downloaded file.
- Update the subject codes using the Importer.
Please see below for detailed instructions.
Scenario: You need to add a suffix “G4” to all 4th Grade subject codes.
A. Using Report Creator, download a report that contains the Subject IDs of the subject codes you need to update.
- Go to Reports > Report Creator tab
Click the “Create New Report” button, enter a report name, click the Create button. These are the fields you should include in the report:
Click the Export button in the report to save the data into an excel file.
B. Update the Subject Codes in the downloaded file.
Open the file you just downloaded
Update the Subject Codes in the file so that it will contain the new subject codes you want to assign to your subjects. In this case, you want to add “G4” suffix in all 4th Grade subject codes, so add “G4” in all the subject codes then click Save.
Note: If you don’t have the Report Creator in your account, please contact us via chat so our team can download the report for you.
C. Update the subject codes using the Importer.
- Go to Subjects > Global Subject Setup tab > click the “Import Subjects” button.
- Browse for the excel file you’ve updated and then map the fields properly:
- Click the Import Data button to initiate the update. You’ll then see a message that the import was successful.
- Go back to your list of subjects to review if the subject codes have been updated.
For instructions on how to create a report using Report Creator, please click here.