How to transfer grades from one term to another.
Scenario: The teacher mistakenly entered 4th Quarter grades into 3rd Quarter gradebooks. These grades need to be transferred from Q3 to Q4 gradebook.
Third Quarter: 01/08/2020 - 03/12/2020
There are two things you need to do to transfer the grades:
- Export Q3 grades into an excel file
- Import the grades from excel file into Q4 gradebook/s
A. Export gradebook grades into Excel file
1. Go to Reports tab, search for "Gradebook Data (for Export)" report then click the Excel button.
If you don’t have access to the report, you can either ask your school admin to give you access to the report, or ask the school admin to export your gradebook grades into an excel file.
2. Set the filters properly in order to download the gradebook grades that you need to transfer.
3. Click the “Download Excel” button then save the file in your computer.
4. Open the downloaded file then remove the rows that won’t be part of the import.
5. Change the values under the "Total Points" column from N/A to the highest possible grade in each gradebook column.
Note: The values of “Total Points” might be varying depending on the Total Marks set by the teacher for the gradebook columns.
6. Remove the column named "ID (Please Ignore)". Save the file.
B. Import grades into the new semester’s gradebook
1. Go to Gradebook tab and click Import.
Make sure that the term where you need to import the grades is selected. In the screenshot, Fourth Quarter is selected because we are copying grades from Q3 to Q4.
2. Browse for the downloaded file, then map the columns to QS fields accordingly. Please make sure to map the fields properly to avoid incorrect import.
3. Click the "Import Data" button to initiate the import
Once you’re done with the import, you may delete the Q4 columns from the Q3 gradebook.
If you need to copy grades from one gradebook to another, within the same semester, check out this article: How To Copy Students' Grades Between Gradebooks